Friday, June 29, 2012

Arriving Munich, Germany...


June 29, 2012

This is one of the first things we saw at the airport in Munich, Germany... and it looked yummy, but no time to eat, we had a flight to catch!!
This Smorgasbord went on forever!!!

Flight was on time thankfully and we had quite a jaunt to get to our connecting gate, but DT refused to run this time.  We had to actually go out to the baggage area and then enter back through security…. Geeeeez, here we go again!  Out with the lap-top, c-pap, baggie of liquids, down the bottle of water real quickly… OOPS, forgot I had the little bottle of wine from the last flight – should have downed that really quickly too, but just gave it to the security ladies and told them to enjoy!

DT had to turn on his camera and they inspected the binoculars as well… BUT!!!!!  We did get to keep our shoes on!  My feet were so swollen from all the flights, I’m not sure I could have even gotten my flip-flops back on if I had taken them off!

Okay, on to the gate… of which I think was the furthest point we could have had to walk to board any plane in the airport!  We got there in ample time and stood in line to board… we then proceeded down several flights of stairs to the tarmac to load a bus – which reminded of us South Africa and our adventure at that airport, LOL.  Anyway, we got on the bus and the airport representative came onto the bus and paged a guy and then of course paged us!  I’m thinking… “don’t make me get off this bus that is going to the plane headed to Athens!”

She needed to tear some stub off of the back of our boarding pass… not sure why they didn’t do that when we boarded… maybe just so they could page us!  Anyway, the bus then proceeded to the airplane and of course DT is sitting in Row 24 and I am in business class Row 3!  Hey, something good happened!!!  Of course I have an empty seat beside me and request that DT be moved up to my row.  The flight attendant commented that he has economy ticket and I have business class… at which time she then looked at my ticket… yes, it was the same economy ticket that DT had!  The thought crossed my mind:  “Don’t make me go back to Row 24!”  The attendant proceeded to look at the gentleman’s ticket in the row across from me as well as everyone else sitting in he business class seating.

Within a few minutes, she with the assistance of another flight attendant, slides the curtain up placing it one row in front of me… I was just demoted to economy class!!!  I could have cared less as long as I didn’t have to get off that plane and thankfully I  did get to enjoy the extra leg room; and yes, DT did move up to my Row… so if you look long enough, you can always find something good in everything!

Time for take off… but, it was an hour later before we finally took off.  They were waiting on connecting flights to get in for passengers that were to be on our flight.  WHAT!!!!! THEY WERE HOLDING A PLANE FOR PASSENGERS WITH CONNECTING FLIGHTS… why didn’t they do that in Houston for us… we only needed 3 minutes!!!!!

Flight about to land, so guess I’ll close this blog and we’ll hope to have luggage at the Athens airport when we arrive… but I wouldn’t bet on it!

laptop battery almost gone... no time to proofread :-/

Continued:  A for Athens

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...